JOIN AN AGENCY WHERE YOU CAN TAKE YOUR CAREER AND YOUR SKILLSET UPWARD
The Digital Marketing Specialist will plan and execute a wide range of digital marketing programs, as well as work directly with clients as a resource and advocate. This role gives an established marketer opportunities to orchestrate multi-faceted programs with global brands in manufacturing, healthcare, higher education and consumer products.
This position is with our Brand team and is based in the Short North of Columbus, Ohio.
- Recommend, coordinate and execute multi-faceted digital marketing programs incorporating many tactics such as social media, content development, reputation management, email, search marketing and more
- Function as the Brand team's main point of contact with some clients, supporting Client Services to solidify client relationships and share subject matter expertise
- Deliver data-driven insights to clients -- from strategic planning to activation
- Drive and articulate program effectiveness by interpreting and detailing measurements with clients
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of the agency’s own marketing plan
- Collaborate with Upward team members in the Creative, Search Marketing, Strategy and Interactive disciplines to develop integrated deliverables and success sharing
- Execute content creation directly and guide junior staff and freelancers in developing on-strategy content
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrated accountability in project management functions and comfort with managing projects at scale
- 3-5 years of experience in a strategy, content marketing or search marketing role (agency preferred, especially B2B)
- Some experience in relevant agency categories preferred (healthcare, B2B, education, consumer) especially if technical in nature
- Someone who thrives representing an agency team in front of executive-level clients
- Excellent written communication skills, especially with respect to social media/marketing content
- Excellent verbal communication skills, especially in presentation
- Broad familiarity with common digital tools like Google Analytics, CMSs, CRMs, and email platforms
- Comfort discussing contemporary digital marketing trends; ability to add to the team’s subject matter expertise and thought leadership
- Bachelor's degree (in business, economics, social sciences or related field not required but helpful)
HOW UPWARD WORKS
- We work with clients who respect us as partners and strategists.
- We don’t think work-life balance is a buzzword; we put our philosophy into action every day by encouraging flexibility of place and time.
- We are inclusive, positive, passionate, innovative, down-to-earth, and we work hard.
- We believe in doing great work at an appropriate pace.
- We encourage professional development through lunch and learns, industry association and group memberships, conferences and online learning opportunities.
- We believe in a casual, yet energized, work environment.
- We offer competitive health insurance and 401k programs.
- We like taking "three o’clock walks."
CONNECT WITH UPWARD
- Want to shoot your application to the top of the stack? Consider including:
- A cover letter
- Writing samples
- Your social media presence