The Digital Strategist will plan a wide range of digital marketing programs, as well as work directly with clients as a resource and advocate. This role gives an established marketer opportunities to orchestrate multi-faceted programs with global brands in manufacturing, healthcare, higher education and technology.
This position is with our Brand team and is based in the Short North of Columbus, Ohio.
Analysis | Strategic Thinking | Consulting
- Recommend and plan multi-faceted digital marketing programs incorporating search marketing, social media, email, content development and other tactics
- Deliver data-driven insights to clients from strategic planning to activation
- Function as the Brand team's main point of contact with some clients, supporting Client Services to solidify client relationships and share subject matter expertise
- Drive and articulate program effectiveness by interpreting and detailing measurements with clients
- Assist in developing and formalizing the agency's Analytics services
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree (in business, economics, social sciences or related field not required but helpful)
- 3-8 years of experience in a strategy, content marketing or search marketing role (agency preferred, especially B2B)
- Someone who thrives representing an agency team in front of executive-level clients
- Comfort discussing contemporary digital marketing trends
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, especially in presentations
- Demonstrated accountability in a project management workflow
- Broad familiarity with common digital tools like CMSs, CRMs, email platforms (especially Marketo), Google Analytics -- AND their key metrics
- Prior experience with data visualization platforms -- Tableau, DOMO, Google Data Studio (desired but not strictly required)
HOW UPWARD WORKS
- We work with clients who respect us as partners and strategists.
- We don’t think work-life balance is a buzzword; we put our philosophy into action every day by encouraging flexibility of place and time.
- We are inclusive, positive, passionate, innovative, down-to-earth, and we work hard.
- We believe in doing great work at an appropriate pace.
- We encourage professional development through lunch and learns, industry association and group memberships, conferences and online learning opportunities.
- We believe in a casual, yet energized, work environment.
- We offer competitive health insurance and 401k programs.
- We like taking "three o’clock walks."